My experience on tihar

                                                   Tihar

Tihar is also known as Deepawali and Yamapanchak or Swanti. It is a five-day-long Hindu festival celebrated in Nepal and in the Indian states of Assam and Sikkim including in Darjeeling district of West Bengal. It is the festival of lights, as diyas are lit inside and outside the houses to make it illuminate at night. It is popularly known as Swanti among the Newarsand as Deepawali among Madhesis.[2] Set in the Vikram Samvat calendar, the festival begins with Kaag Tihar in Trayodashi of Kartik Krishna Paksha and ends with Bhai Tika in Dwitiya of Kartik Sukla Paksha every year.[3]
Tihar is the second biggest Nepalese festival after Dashain. It is considered to be of great importance as it shows reverence to not just the humans and the gods, but also to the animals like crows, cows, and dogs that maintain an intimate relationship with humans. People make patterns on the floor of living rooms or courtyards using materials such as colored rice, dry flour, colored sand or flower petals outside of their house, called Rangoli, which is meant to be a sacred welcoming area for the Gods and Goddesses of Hinduism mainly Goddess Laxmi.[4]





By how I celebrate tihar

This vacation I enjoyed it at my temporary home located in chabahil. My best festival is also tihar.. I helped my father to put electric lights at home at the first day. In the morning my mom offered food to crow before our lunch. After it we started cleaning our house.  The next day we offered puja to a dog. We gave him some food, put tika in his head and offered him a mala. Third day we all worshiped to cow in the morning and to laxmi goddess in the evening. I buy some fire crackers with my freiends. I found it very cheep there so I shared some of it to my brother as well. After puja we enjoyed lighting it. People started coming to my home to play bhailo and dheusi.

 

 

=Kukur tihar 






                                                                                   

                                             Kag tihar=





=gai tihar






                         

                         BHAI TIKA=





I also had prepared to sing a song for this day. I love singing but and I like to play bhailo and dheusi.
So I sang on others home. The next day I went for watch movie to with my friends.
Fifth day my we had alomst 12 people at my home. My mama, sisters, brothers came to my home. We use to have rotation of offering tika every year. This year was our turn to manage the program. From the morning we were engaged in preparing food. We put the tika on time. After tika we started playing cards, I won around three hundred rupees. In the evening we had singing and dancing program at the top of roof. We enjoyed a lot
.

In this way I celebrate tihar.

 

 

                      THE END



Comments

Popular posts from this blog